Friday, August 11, 2006

Okay, sorry about the Magritte silliness, I was just testing the blog thing.

Now a little about me for people who are coming from the RepRap project.

I was actively working in 3D computer graphics up till a little while ago, and I've got a web site here: http://www.yvanroy.com

That website was just a simple test bed, and doesn't show all of what I was up to 3D wise for over 11 years (from about 1994 to 2005). Althought I can't garantee anything, I'm guessing I'll get back to that when my current project is finished. At the moment that project involves using a variety of real world tools to straighten, lift, expand and improve a small house in a small town in Ontario Canada.

Obviously, I've got bigger ideas inside my big head. ;) I've always loved building things, and robotics has been an interest of mine since I was a kid. Over the last couple of years, it's merged into a facination with building machines that could be used to build robots. Some time in early 2006 I started wondering about hosting a forum on my website focusing on building universal constructors, or von Neumann machines.

Luckly for me, all that hard work had already been done and after a quick search I found the RepRap project. Unlucky for them, I've been pestering them with silly comments every since...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home